Pastor Darren Rogers and his wife LaTonya are both natives of Pittsburgh, PA. Both became Christians as teenagers and have a passion for God and for the people of God. Darren and LaTonya are committed to serving Christ, the congregation of First Baptist Church, and the larger congregation of Wellsville Ohio.
Darren was ordained an Elder in 1996 in Dayton, OH. He and LaTonya have three children: Jasmine, Darren Jr., and Christa.
God called all Christians to love one another. Jesus said that love is the only indicator that can show others that we are his disciples. He loves the broken, the wounded, the marginalized, the rejected...God loves all people and we are called to do the same!
Our example of how to live into the love of God is found in Matthew chapter 25 where Jesus speaks about demonstrating love to "the least of these, my family members." When we begin to see Jesus in the faces of our fellow human beings, we begin to catch a glimpse of what the Love of Jesus really is all about.
(35) "for I was hungry and you gave me food, I was thirsty and you gave me something to drink, I was a stranger and you welcomed me,
(36) I was naked and you gave me clothing, I was sick and you took care of me, I was in prison and you visited me.'
(37) Then the righteous will answer him, 'Lord, when was it that we saw you hungry and gave you food, or thirsty and gave you something to drink?
(38) And when was it that we saw you a stranger and welcomed you, or naked and gave you clothing?
(39) And when was it that we saw you sick or in prison and visited you?'
(40) And the king will answer them, 'Truly I tell you, just as you did it to one of the least of these who are members of my family, you did it to me." Mat 25:35-40 (NRSV)